Saturday, October 04, 2008

RIP Minx

*Sigh*

I was saddened while visiting Cecil Castellucci's blog to read that the MINX line of graphic novels is no longer.
This makes me sad for a number of reasons.

Just take a look at the "About" tab on the Minx Web Page. I quote ..."MINX graphic novels contain smart, original stories about real girls in the real world. From risk takers to troublemakers, these protagonists don't just play by their own rules, they make them up as they go along resulting in unexpected adventures."

These are books that don't really fit the mould. Different doesn't equal unmarketable. Different doesn't equal unsuccessful.

I encourage you to pick up some MINX titles while you still can. I am a big fan of Plain Janes, Clubbing, and Good as Lily. Jen Hubert has a great review of Emiko Superstar over at Reading Rants.

If you care for the opinion of others on this, go here, here, and here.

No comments: