Friday, November 09, 2007

Blue Moo

So, my girls have been big fans of Sandra Boynton's Philadelphia Chickens ever since they received it in the mail from a beloved Aunt. So imagine my delight, when I was invited to the launch of Sandra Boynton's Blue Moo, by the kind folks at Workman.

If you are not familiar, Philadelphia Chickens is a title accompanied by a CD that has my children dancing around the living room. Blue Moon works the same way!

The book itself has song lyrics with illustrations on each page. The CD has songs by folks like Davy Jones, B.B. King, and Neil Sedaka among others. My 4-year-old delights in following the book page by page, while my 2-year-old dances like a maniac in the living room!
The party itself was so much fun! We came away with skate keys, incorrect name-tags, books and candy! Dinner was wonderful, and a show by Davy Jones and the Sparklets. I think fun was had by all.
If you have a song -lovin' child, do yourself a favour and pick this one up!

No comments: