Saturday, June 04, 2005

Holy Cow. Book Expo.

It's like ALA on steroids AND speed! I went with colleagues and friends, Jen, Margaret and Karyn and Sarah. We did the split up, and go through the booths and grab the galleys thing, and we did the autograph thing as well. I got books signed by Tomie de Paola, Mark Teague, Rosemary Wells, Adrian Tomine(!!!), Libba Bray and a couple more. We talked to some of Jen's publishing buddies as well.
But mostly we got trampled! My 7 month pregnant self garnered no pity or extra space from those in the book biz! I was happy to leave, lug my galleys to school, drop them off and meet some friends at Cowgirl Hall of Fame for some well deserved grub.

Look forward to hearing about some of the following books...

Capt. Hook, by J.V. Hart (I am VERY excited about this one and started it on the ferry last night!)
I, Coriander, by Sally Gardner
Spook, by Mary Roach (Stiff was soooo good...I have high hopes for this one!)
The Witch of Cologne, by Tobsha Learner

I do have more, but decided only to bring one backpack's worth home last night!

No comments: