Monday, February 13, 2006

Top Tens

So I've been thinking about lists a lot lately. Everyone has their top 10 books of this and that, so I thought I would put some together. Today's theme is:

The Top 10 Books that I Recommend to my Women Friends

The Girl in Hyacinth Blue, by Susan Vreeland
The Bell Jar, by Sylvia Plath
The Handmaid's Tale, by Margaret Atwood
A Jest of God, by Margaret Laurence
The Myth of You and Me, by Leah Stewart
Esperanze Rising, by Pam Munoz Ryan
Snowflower and the Secret Fan, by Lisa See
Crowgirl, by Bodil Bresdorff
The Awakening, by Kate Chopin
The Holding, by Merilyn Simonds

There is a mix of children's, YA, and mostly adult in there. But all of these books really touched me in some way or another. If you haven't read them, please do. I'd love to know what you think of these titles!

No comments: