Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Reading Rants - The Book


So, in the name of full disclosure, Jennifer Hubert is my colleague. And my friend. My good friend.

I have watched her, over the past couple of years, write this book. And now it is in my hands! So exciting!

This is THE book that you need if you are an educator, librarian or parent, and you don't read voraciously, constantly, or just plain all the time. Jen explores YA books under the same categories found on her website: True Grit, Boy Meets Book, Graphic Fantastic, et cetera. She maintains her chatty style, while providing professionals and parents alike with amazing amounts of information on titles.

She has just started blogging it herself in the form of a blog that gives you the flavour of her book, and welcomes your feedback as well. Check it out here!

Jen is an amazing advocate for youth and young adult literature. She has been a mentor to me over the years, and I am so proud of her!

No comments: